This library is designed to access the binary planetary ephemeris files, such INPOPxx, JPL DExxx and SPICE ephemeris files.
This library provides a C Application Programming Interface (API) and, optionnally, a Fortran 77/2003 and Python 2/3 interface to be called by the application.
This software is an open-source product distributed under three distinct licenses giving you the choice of one of the three following sets of free software/open source licensing terms. This allows the use of our code in as wide a variety of software projects as possible.
This software is governed by the CECILL-C, CECILL-B or CECILL version 2 license under French law and
abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use,
modify and/or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL-C, CeCILL-B or CeCILL
license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL
- Version 2.3.2 (January 2017)
- Fix the return value of the function calceph_getconstant if the constant name "AU" or "EMRAT" is not available.
- Fix the documentation for the fortran interface of the function calceph_prefetch.
- Fix the return value of the function calceph_orient_unit if the frame SPICE kernel file is missing.
- Previous release downloads
The installation steps for various operating system are described in the following links
The library is written by the research team Astronomie et Systèmes Dynamiques (IMCCE, CNRS, Observatoire de Paris, PSL Research University).
For all comments concerning these pages, contact the authors : email@example.com.
- Version 2.3.1 (November 2016)
- Fix the compilation warnings with the Pelles compiler.
- Fix the compilation warnings with the C89 standard.
- Fix the compilation warnings with the GNU C compilers.
- Fix the documentation for the constant CALCEPH_VERSION_STRING.
- Version 2.3.0 (September 2016)
- Add the Python interface compliant with python 2.6+ and python 3.
- Add the preprocessor macro CALCEPH_VERSION_STRING.
- Add the function calceph_getversion_str.
- Add the function calceph_compute_order and calceph_orient_order.
- Fix the return value of the functions calceph_compute_xxx when the reference frame is not available in the spice kernel files.
The function should produce an error and return 0 (before the function performed no computation but it returned 1).
- Version 2.2.5 (July 2016)
- Support the segment 1, 12 and 13 in the SPICE kernel file.
- Fix an incorrect result if CALCEPH_UNIT_DAY is provided to calceph_compute_unit
and the target is TCG-TCB or TT-TDB.
- Support the numerical constants declared without parenthesis in the text kernel files (.tpc).
- Version 2.2.4 (August 2015)
- Update the version number of the dynamic library.
- Version 2.2.3 (June 2015)
- Support the compilation in the standard C89.
- Add the predefined constants of the calceph version in the fortran interface.
- Fix the build chain if calceph is compiled from another folder.
- Version 2.2.1 (September 2014)
- Remove the debug informations that are printed when errors occur in calceph_?compute_???.
- Support the Portland compilers.
- Fix the info documentation.
- Report an error if no asteroid is available in an ephemeris file with the INPOP file format (instead of a crash).
- Version 2.2.0 (March 2014)
- Support the new segments 20, 102, 103 and 120 in the SPICE kernel file.
- Support the Coordinate Time Ephemerides in the SPICE kernel file.
- Support the NAIF identification numbers.
- Add the function calceph_orient_unit and calceph_prefetch.
- Version 2.1.0 (June 2013)
- Fix a bug in calceph_getconstant and calceph_sgetconstant when an invalid name is provided.
- Remove the nul character in the name of the constant returned by the function (f90)calceph_(s)getconstantindex when the Fortran interface is used.
- Version 2.0.0 (February 2012)
- Fix memory leaks in calceph_open when errors occur.
- Support INPOP file format 2.0 (supports TCB ephemeris file and add asteroids in the binary file).
- Add the function calceph_open_array and calceph_compute_unit.
- Add the tools calceph_inspector to show details about ephemeris file.
- Support SPICE kernel file (SPK with segment 2 or 3, text and binary PCK, meta kernel, basic frame kernel).
- Improv the performances.
- Correct the Fortran 2003 interface for calceph_sgetconstantindex.
- Add the constant 17 to get TCG-TCB from TCB ephemeris file.
- Version 1.2.0 (May 2011)
- Change the licensing : triple licenses to support integration in BSD software.
- Remove the explicit dependencies on the record size for DExxx.
- Version 1.1.2 (May 2011)
- Fix a warning with oracle studio compiler 12.
- Fix a bug with gcc on solaris in 64 bit mode.
- Fix the copyright statements.
- Version 1.1.0 (November 2010)
- Add the function calceph_seterrorhandler for the custom error handlers.
- Version 1.0.3 (May 2010)
- Support the JPL ephemeris file DE423.
- Version 1.0.2 (January 2010)
- Fix memory leaks in the fortran-90 interface.
- Version 1.0.1 (October 2009)
- Support the large binary ephemeris files (>2GB) on 32-bit operating systems.
- Fix the documentation of the function f90calceph_sopen.
- Fix an invalid open mode on Windows operating systems.
- Report accurately the I/O error.
- Version 1.0.0 (May 2009)
Last revision : 12 September 2016