This library is designed to access the binary planetary ephemeris files, such INPOPxx, JPL DExxx and SPICE ephemeris files.
This library provides a C Application Programming Interface (API) and, optionnally, a Fortran 77 or 2003 interface to be called by the application.
This software is an open-source product distributed under three distinct licenses giving you the choice of one of the three following sets of free software/open source licensing terms. This allows the use of our code in as wide a variety of software projects as possible.
This software is governed by the CECILL-C, CECILL-B or CECILL version 2 license under French law and
abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use,
modify and/or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL-C, CeCILL-B or CeCILL
license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL
- Version 2.2.1 (September 2014)
- Remove the debug informations that are printed when errors occur in calceph_?compute_???.
- Support the Portland compilers.
- Fix the info documentation.
- Report an error if no asteroid is available in an ephemeris file with the INPOP file format (instead of a crash).
- Previous release downloads
The installation steps for various operating system are described in the following links
The library is written by the research team Astronomie et Systèmes Dynamiques (CNRS - Observatoire de Paris - IMCCE).
For all comments concerning these pages, contact the authors : email@example.com.
- Version 2.2.0 (March 2014)
- Support the new segments 20, 102, 103 and 120 in the SPICE kernel file.
- Support the Coordinate Time Ephemerides in the SPICE kernel file.
- Support the NAIF identification numbers.
- Add the function calceph_orient_unit and calceph_prefetch.
- Version 2.1.0 (June 2013)
- Fix a bug in calceph_getconstant and calceph_sgetconstant when an invalid name is provided.
- Remove the nul character in the name of the constant returned by the function (f90)calceph_(s)getconstantindex when the Fortran interface is used.
- Version 2.0.0 (February 2012)
- Fix memory leaks in calceph_open when errors occur.
- Support INPOP file format 2.0 (supports TCB ephemeris file and add asteroids in the binary file).
- Add the function calceph_open_array and calceph_compute_unit.
- Add the tools calceph_inspector to show details about ephemeris file.
- Support SPICE kernel file (SPK with segment 2 or 3, text and binary PCK, meta kernel, basic frame kernel).
- Improv the performances.
- Correct the Fortran 2003 interface for calceph_sgetconstantindex.
- Add the constant 17 to get TCG-TCB from TCB ephemeris file.
- Version 1.2.0 (May 2011)
- Change the licensing : triple licenses to support integration in BSD software.
- Remove the explicit dependencies on the record size for DExxx.
- Version 1.1.2 (May 2011)
- Fix a warning with oracle studio compiler 12.
- Fix a bug with gcc on solaris in 64 bit mode.
- Fix the copyright statements.
- Version 1.1.0 (November 2010)
- Add the function calceph_seterrorhandler for the custom error handlers.
- Version 1.0.3 (May 2010)
- Support the JPL ephemeris file DE423.
- Version 1.0.2 (January 2010)
- Fix memory leaks in the fortran-90 interface.
- Version 1.0.1 (October 2009)
- Support the large binary ephemeris files (>2GB) on 32-bit operating systems.
- Fix the documentation of the function f90calceph_sopen.
- Fix an invalid open mode on Windows operating systems.
- Report accurately the I/O error.
- Version 1.0.0 (May 2009)
Last revision : 17 September 2014